Our hands are one of the most hard-working and exposed parts of our body. Whether we are washing dishes, typing on a keyboard, or simply going about our day, our hands are constantly in use and exposed to various environmental factors such as cold weather, sunlight, and chemicals. As a result, they often become dry, cracked, and rough, which is not only uncomfortable but also unsightly.
One of the best ways to take care of our hands is by using hand creams. Hand creams are moisturizing creams designed specifically for the hands, and they help to hydrate and protect the skin from dryness and damage. In this blog, we will discuss how and when to use hand creams to keep your hands soft and smooth.
When to use hand creams
After washing your hands - Washing your hands frequently can strip your skin of its natural oils and moisture, leaving them dry and rough. Applying a hand cream after washing your hands can help to restore the moisture and keep them soft and smooth.
Before going to bed - Applying hand cream before going to bed allows it to work overnight, helping to heal and moisturize your skin while you sleep. Your hands will feel softer and smoother in the morning.
During the day - If you have particularly dry hands, it's a good idea to keep a hand cream with you throughout the day and apply it whenever your skin feels dry or tight.
How to use hand creams
- Start with clean hands - Before applying hand cream, make sure your hands are clean and dry. This will allow the cream to penetrate your skin more effectively.
- Take a small amount - A little goes a long way when it comes to hand cream. Take a small amount, about the size of a pea, and rub it into your hands.
- Focus on dry areas - Pay special attention to the dry areas of your hands, such as the knuckles and fingertips. Massage the cream into these areas until it is fully absorbed.
- Don't forget your nails - Hand creams can also help to strengthen and moisturize your nails. Rub the cream into your cuticles and nails to keep them healthy and strong.
- Paying extra attention to the back of your hands - The skin on the back of your hands is thinner and drier than on your palms, so apply hand cream and massage it into the back of your hands and between your fingers for soft, moisturized skin.
Choosing the right hand cream
When choosing a hand cream, it's important to consider your skin type and any specific concerns you may have, such as sensitivity or age-related changes. Look for hand creams that contain nourishing ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E, which can help to hydrate and protect your skin.
With its rich blend of natural ingredients, our lavender hand cream is the perfect solution for anyone suffering from dry or cracked hands. Formulated with high-quality oils like Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil, our hand cream deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, leaving your hands feeling soft and smooth.
Adding hand exfoliation to your routine
adding hand exfoliation to your hand care routine can help to remove dead skin cells, promote cell turnover, and enhance the absorption of moisturizing hand creams. Just remember to be gentle and not to overdo it with exfoliation.
Our lavender sugar scrub is an excellent option for hand exfoliation. Made with natural ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and hibiscus, this sugar scrub is gentle yet effective at sloughing away dead skin cells. The coconut oil and shea butter deeply moisturize your hands, leaving them feeling soft and nourished. Meanwhile, the hibiscus provides antioxidant benefits that can help to improve the overall appearance of your skin.
In conclusion, hand creams are an essential part of any skincare routine, especially if you have dry or rough hands. By using hand cream regularly and at the right times, you can keep your hands soft, smooth, and healthy. Remember to choose a hand cream that suits your skin type and contains nourishing ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil, and vitamin E.