Cracked heels are a common foot condition which can cause discomfort or even pain. Here are some simple ways to soothe your feet and give them some relief.
Keep Your Feet Clean & Moisturized
To have healthy feet, you need to have good feet hygiene. Wash feet with soap to keep skin on the foot from drying further and apply with foot cream or balm products on still-damp feet after shower or bath. Skin care products contains rich ingredients such as glycerin, Shea butter, coconut oil or jojoba oil which are good for your feet. Afterwards, dry them well to prevent fungal development.
Remove Dead Skin
Treat your feet with a foot scrub regularly to prevent the feet from cracking. Fill a foot tub with warm water and add some Epsom salt. Epsom salt helps you to soften your foot. Soak your feet for 10 to 20 minutes and scrub the dry area with a pumice stone. Rinse your feet and gently pat your feet dry. The goal is to get rid of the old and dead skin but leave the healthy layer.
Seal Up Deep Cracks
If the cracks in the heels are deep, it can be painful and hurt whenever you stand up. Using liquid bandages is an effective way is to seal up cracks and ease the pain.
Wear Natural Material Socks
Fungi loves damp and wet environment. To prevent a fungal foot infection you need to choose socks made from natural materials such as cotton or wool which are naturally absorbent qualities. In this way you could keep your feet bacteria and fungi-free.
Tips to Soothe and Prevent Cracked Heels
In summary, here are some tips of how to soothe and prevent cracked heels.
- Keep your feet clean and moisturized with foot cream or balm products that contain glycerin, Shea butter, coconut oil, or jojoba oil.
- Remove dead skin with a foot scrub and pumice stone. Soak your feet in warm water with Epsom salt for 10-20 minutes before scrubbing.
- Use liquid bandages to seal up deep cracks and ease the pain if necessary.
- Wear natural material socks like cotton or wool to prevent fungal infections.
- Moisturize your feet regularly with creams or balms to maintain good hygiene and prevent dryness.
Lavender Backyard Garden is a New Zealand herb farm. We grow lavender, rosemary and use steam distillation to produce our own brand of essential oils. Try our easy applying foot balm that can be absorbed fast into the feet and makes your feet quickly hydrated and comfortable. If you would like to learn more about our farm click here to discover our farm.