Photo by Kalos Skincare
Learn about the five essential nutrients that keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Healthy Fatty Acids
Our bodies require omega fatty acids for good health. The most vital Essential Fatty Acids (EFA) which we are unable to make on our own for our skin are:
Omega-6: Linoleic acid (LA) and γ-Linolenic acid (GLA).
Omega-3: α-Linolenic acid (ALA)
Omega-9: Oleic acid
Benefits of Essential Fatty Acids for Skin
- Smooths your skin surface
- Lock in hydration and help keep skin hydrated
- Help protect and strengthen your skin from environmental damage.
- Protect your skin against the free radicals and slow down the new ageing signs like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Keep your skin glowing with healthiness.
Look for the following natural ingredients in your skincare products which are rich in essential fatty acids:
Sweet almond oil, Safflower oil, Sunflower oil, Apricot kernel oil, Argan oil, Evening primrose oil, Rosehip oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil.
Vitamin A is a group of compounds that is necessary for both upper and lower layers of our skin. It includes active forms, like retinal, retinol and retinoic acid, and other provitamin A carotenoids, like beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is converted from our bodies into retinol form of vitamin A.
Benefits of Vitamin A for Skin
- It is an antioxidant that gives your skin protection against sunburn and UV damage and slows the sign of ageing.
- It promotes the healing and softness of your skin.
- It simulates collagen production and accelerate skin-cell renewal that keeps the deep layers of your skin firm and healthy.
Look for the following natural ingredients in your skincare products which are rich in Vitamin A:
Apricot kernel oil, Argan oil, Avocado oil, Black seed oil, Carrot seed oil, Cherry kernel oil, Rosehip oil.
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for the body. It promotes collagen production and also is an antioxidant.
Vitamin C is also known as L-ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid, and L-ascorbate.
Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin
- It is an antioxidant that protects skin cells from damaging free radicals by UV rays and pollution.
- It helps soften the look of dark spots and makes lines appear less visible.
- It helps to heal and repair dry or damaged skin.
Look for the following natural ingredients in your skincare products which are rich in Vitamin C:
Rosehip oil, Blackberry seed oil.
Vitamin E is a group of fat-soluble vitamins with antioxidant effects.
Benefits of Vitamin E for Skin
- It is used as a moisturiser to treat dry skin and relief from itching caused by dry skin.
- It absorbs the harmful UV rays and protects against sun damage.
- Using it as a moisturiser to prevent or minimise the appearance of scar.
Look for the following natural ingredients in your skincare products which are rich in Vitamin E:
Sunflower oil, Safflower oil, Apricot kernel oil, Sweet almond oil, Grape seed oil, Argan oil
Zinc is an essential mineral that helps maintain the health of your skin.
Benefits of Zinc for Skin
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps for inflammatory acne and related scarring.
- It acts as an antioxidant which helps your skin to fight the damage from environment.
Look for the following natural ingredients in your skincare products which contain Zinc:
Pumpkin seed oil, Sweet almond oil, Jojoba oil, Wheat germ oil.
We are a lavender farm in New Zealand. We design our skincare products with our own produced lavender essential oil by using premium carrier oils to make it an aromatherapy item which also promotes your skin health.