Lavender has been used since the time of the ancient Egyptians. Lavender essential oil has very powerful healing properties.
Lets get to the root of lavender's secret and have more understanding of the genetic elements of lavender.
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy, a holistic healing practice, harnesses the power of natural plant extracts for improved well-being. Lavender, a popular essential oil in aromatherapy, offers versatile healing properties and numerous health benefits, making it an essential addition to any aromatherapy kit.
What is Lavender Essential Oil?
Lavender essential oil is extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant. The oil is steam distilled and has a fresh, floral scent with a hint of sweetness. Lavender essential oil is one of the most widely used essential oils in aromatherapy due to its healing properties and calming effects.
Lavender Essential Oil: Healing Properties
- Calming and Relaxing: Lavender essential oil has a calming effect on the mind and body. It helps to reduce anxiety, stress, and nervous tension, making it ideal for use in relaxation and meditation.
- Pain Relief: Lavender essential oil has natural pain-relieving properties that can help to alleviate headaches, muscle aches, and other types of pain.
- Skin Care: Lavender essential oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that make it ideal for use in skin care. It can help to soothe and heal skin conditions like eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
- Sleep Aid: Lavender essential oil can help to promote restful sleep by reducing stress and anxiety. It has a calming effect on the mind and body, making it ideal for use before bedtime.
- Respiratory Health: Lavender essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to relieve respiratory problems like asthma, coughs, and colds.
Lavender Essential Oil Spiritual Benefits
|Therapeutic Properties||Percentage (%)||Health Benefits|
How to Use Lavender Essential Oil
There are several ways to use lavender essential oil to enjoy its healing properties and health benefits. Some of the most popular methods include:
- Aromatherapy: Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a diffuser or burner to enjoy its calming and relaxing effects.
- Massage: Mix a few drops of lavender essential oil with a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil and use it to massage sore muscles or to promote relaxation.
- Bath: Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your bathwater to enjoy its soothing and calming effects.
- Skin Care: Mix a few drops of lavender essential oil with a carrier oil and apply it to your skin to help soothe and heal skin conditions like eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
- Inhalation: Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a bowl of hot water and inhale the steam to help relieve respiratory problems like asthma, coughs, and colds.
Try our award-wining lavender essential oil and therapeutic grade products to feel for yourself.